Are You Pushing Yourself Too Hard?
August 3 – 5 we hosted the Genius Exchange which is a mastermind for company owners and team members of firms with $250K of revenue (product sales + design fees).
The designers that attended took time away from their businesses to recharge and get re-inspired. For example, Anne Rue and Renee Wirth were torn about attending because they were so busy, but they left with so much excitement and focus that they were happy that they attended.
I can relate! I often push myself so hard that I can feel my brain moving at half speed during some days. Can you relate to that?
I often advise my clients to take more time off, and this week, I’m taking my own advice. I’m at a one-week fitness camp that starts at 6:00 AM with a protein shake and ends around 6:00 PM when you finish a gourmet dinner (designed for optimum health AKA low calorie).
Today is my last day to be online. I’ve promised the team that I’m going “off the grid” so I can come back with more energy and focus. Watch out, team!
So… take some time off and enjoy your family, neighbors, friends and even your own company.
And if you missed the Genius Exchange, here are a few highlights of what our attendees learned. Enjoy!
- Mike Michalowicz shared The Pumpkin Plan: Just as almost every pumpkin farmer grows ordinary Halloween carving pumpkins, most entrepreneurs grow ordinary, unremarkable businesses. Yet by tweaking their approach in small ways, farmers can grow giant, prize-winning pumpkins that get all the attention and press coverage.
- Rhonda Britten shared the pathway to freedom that cuts through false beliefs, negative thoughts and the silent, secret fears every human beingcarries. Her simple yet life-altering method is called Fearless Living
- Creativity hacks to get re-inspired in your business
- How to create your curated Instagram brand
- Financial Reporting Made Easy and More..
P.S. Erin and I signed up for a 6-week fitness bootcamp, too. I went to the orientation with her and since I’m at another bootcamp with her, we’ll finish out the remaining 5 weeks before we see some of you at the Interior Design Summit at High Point Market… hopefully we’ll both be walking!
Photos by Brittany Beach