Welcome to Gail Doby Coaching & Consulting!
As we launch the new Gail Doby Coaching & Consulting brand – a division of Design Success University (DSU) – we welcome you!
After founding Design Success University on March 8, 2008 (where interior designers go to discover how to run a more profitable and passion-filled business), Erin Weir (co-founder of both brands) and I realized that we needed to create a new brand for our coaching and consulting services for many reasons:
- Coaching (group or individual) and consulting (one-on-one) is directed toward firms that are growing rapidly and desire expert guidance to reach their goals.
- I’ve offered coaching and consulting services since 2010, and my work was quietly happening without much visibility or awareness in the interior design community. Until I had an established clientele and track record, Erin and I kept the program “close to the vest.”
- In early 2012, I began offering VIP Days to my one-on-one clients. After completing more than 40 VIP Days – some with repeat VIP clients, we started seeing amazing results – 2X – 10X of business revenue and/or profit. In one case, a client went from a few thousand dollars in net profit for a full year to over $300K in less than six months.
- In late 2013, I started offering the VIP Platinum Program – ongoing coaching for my VIP Day clients.
My personal coaching schedule is nearly full (just a few spots remain for the right clients), and I have the great privilege of working with some amazing Interior Designer CEOs – my Ideal Clients.
- During the last eighteen months, Drue Lawlor, FASID, joined DSU as the Director of Coaching, and she and I completely revamped our 12-month group coaching program and reintroduced it to the community – Strategic Business Transformation (SBT). SBT is like a virtual MBA created specifically for interior designers to learn the business skills they did not get with their interior design degree or interior design certification program.
- We began investing in a major branding initiative in March 2014 to introduce the new Gail Doby Coaching & Consulting brand to serve emerging and high growth firms whose priority is profitability, professionalism, ultimate client service and design excellence.
- DSU rebranding is “under construction,” and you will slowly see the new look emerge during the next several months. DSU is the “mother” brand, and it’s primary clients are solopreneurs, newbies and even seasoned professionals that are serious about the profession, and may not be ready for coaching and consulting services yet.
- We will continue to offer DSU classes like the Value Based Fee System, 12-Month Roadmap to Financial Success and Stealth Marketing Secrets.
- DSU will also continue to offer the (2015 is the fifth) annual Interior Design Fee & Salary Survey eBook – the new publication date will be in the late spring of each year so we are able to survey our colleagues after their year-end financials are complete.
- DSU’s eZine (now renamed the Profit & Passion Inbox Magazine) will continue to be delivered by email each Thursday to your inbox with a fresh new look debuted in January 2015.
- Gail Doby Coaching & Consulting has its own new blog, and it is directed to serious business owners – CEOs of interior design firms.
- Our new Gail Doby Coaching & Consulting Inbox Magazine, Creative CEO, will be delivered by email on the first Thursday of the month. This new magazine will focus on the following topics:
- Jointly, DSU and Gail Doby Coaching & Consulting will host an annual Interior Design Summit conference. Save the date for May 29 & 30, 2015 at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in downtown Denver. We hosted our second conference at the Four Seasons in Denver, Colorado August 1 – 3, 2014, and it was a huge success. We’ll share more about the 2015 conference in the next few weeks. You don’t want to miss it.
Watch a short video about our evolution and growth. Our team is dedicated to your success!
Be sure to join our fast-growing LinkedIn Forum, too.
Welcome to your new home for business advice!